Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 3.5" with 1330 U joints today. I had ordered the 3" over a month ago. Denny called last week to say Spicer is now saying another 4-6 weeks for yokes. He was out of the 1310 in 3". He did say he has 1330 in 3.5" and said no charge if I wanted to get that as he had parts to build a 3.5 shaft. He only asked I pay the $75 difference in tube size which I had no problem doing. In fact I regretted not ordering the 3.5" initially. I had mentioned in the email/online order that a 3.5 would fit so Denny called me to ask if I wanted that or wait until the 3" yokes came in

I had a DL vibe I had worked on in terms of adding a 2 degree shim for diff and 1/2" for trans which did bring my DL angles within spec but had the 60 ish mph-75 ish MPH vibe. Now its smooth sailing to 90 MPH (had to back off on Fwy)

I have another Denny's 3.5" with 1350 yokes in my other car and it also is excellent even at 120 mph with 4:10 gears

In hind sight I am glad the "Summit" brand I initially ordered did not fit (to long) so I returned it and ordered the Denny's. Sure glad it worked out this way

COVID and supply line shortages and a altered work schedule at Denny's as a result is affecting deliverables. Their website says 4-8 wks as a result

Dennys DS4.jpg
Dennys DS5.jpg
Dennys DS 1.jpg
Dennys DS2.jpg
Dennys DS3.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks good how much yoke is showing at the transmission. Probably the angle of picture but looks like 1” or more

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the picture angle + the suspension is un-loaded for that pic so yoke is slightly more exposed

its the same 3/4"ish as stock with suspension loaded. there is over 3" spline engagement of the yoke

the stock DS had slightly over 3/4" espoused also

The wider diameter tube and balance RPM really make the difference over stock + the 42 degree yoke offset fail the stock DS has is just an inbreed vibe

IMHO a rebalance and cut/re-weld of the offset yoke and new U joints on the stock 53 year old DS "may: have gotten it better but this DS really resolved the vibe issue, YMMV

·
Super Moderator
33,096 Posts
The yoke offset on the OE driveshaft is by design as this placement keeps the driveshaft 'loaded; for less vibration/noise.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I wouldn't buy a DS from anyone else but Denny's. I had two in my car that each had vibration problems even though the builders swore they were balanced correctly. Denny balances at high speed (6000 rpm) whereas most only balance up to 1000 - 1500 rpm; makes a difference. My Denny's DS is super smooth and worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts