Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the desktop dyno engine modeling computer program. I have had it for a while and it has been a very valuable tool in helping me decide on which cam, headers, etc. but I am wondering if anyone has compared the simulated results with real results. Just wondering how accurate this program really is.

·
10,164 Posts
I've had it for some time. I think it is fairly accurate provided you enter the correct head port type. If you get the port type wrong it will be off.
I haven't built an engine based on it yet.
The book they do is exelent if you don't have it get it.
One really neat thing that can be done with it is to test for sensitivity of different component selections.
For instance, try a different carb or port or valve size.
This is where you can find out if it is worth changing these parts, or weather the engine is sensitive to improvements in that area.
David

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have Dyno 2000,Dragstrip Plus and used to have the Desktop Dyno from what I remember it was decent but the one I found the best was the Dragstrip Plus.With my car last year I was within a tenth and a couple mph.That could have been from the air quality.The nice part about it (other than being free) you could try everthing from getting rid of some weight to different temp and so on.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I modelled my supercharged 350 on Dyno 2000 and got very accurate results. The software predicted a little more hp toward the top end, but I know my current tune is not optimal. It is a very nice piece of software. I wish I could afford to build a couple of more real engines to test its results out!

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/5/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about the Dyno Sim brand of computer simulators? Has anyone used and compared this? I downloaded the demo, and it looks pretty good. But, I want to be certain it's worth the money before I spend $150 on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you purchase the Dragstrip Plus after using the demo? I have the demo also, but didn't purchase it, I wish I would have. Martel Brothers are out of business, I contacted RCONCEPTS.COM whom was invloved with the software, but they were no help. Do you or anyone out there have a registered copies of the software for sale?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts