Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the cowl vent under the wipers today, sanded and found my partial VIN and thank goodness it matched the whole one. BUT while fiddling inside the wiper area, the miniature vacuum hose, 1/16th? size, that goes to some diaphram, I presume is the A/C heater box, broke off, its was stiff and brittle. I pulled gently and it also broke off inside the firewall where I presume it attaches to something important. Now what? Do I need to tear out all that a/c heater area? Does that mean losing the freon? Or can I fish a new vacuum hose somehow and from where? Gosh this is fun
Im sure someone has done this before.
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,4.10 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Not a real big deal. NO Freon leaks! You will have a vacuum leak though..the hose goes to a "T" fitting behind the glovebox. remove the inner glove box to access the "T". Then replace that portion of the hose from the "T" to the fresh air door diaphram. It's common for them to break in the cowl. I thin 1/4" vacuum hose is what's required..May be even smaller..

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Panther, phew...I wont be driving it soon, so no concern about vacuum leaks, 12" of new snow puts off the Sunday cruise again.
I will dismantle the glove box and while in there look for other brittle hoses and do it all at once. Thanks agian,
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,4.10 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts