Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the 1969 radio delete plates ever came with woodgrain or were they always just the plain black.
jackhammer

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i think they have..........yes....

thats my final answer........

·
Registered
167 Posts
I recently sold my original plate. It was black with the ribbed pattern. I have never seen a woodgrain one.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
William...
Is that 69 specific or did they make them for 67-67 also? I imagine they did not make too may of those woodgrain delete plates..did they. Numbers ? :)

Kev

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I have seen a woodgrain repo. in Someones catalog.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i do think that heartbeatcity has one in their add in hemmings this month......

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Now I'm no numbers matching guy, I only hack 'em up and raced them back in the good old days. It would seem to me anyone not willing to spring for a radio was either to cheap to buy a radio; in which case they would have had the econo interior (what ever base was, with rubber mats et. al.), or they were like me trying to get as close to a body in white to keep weight down (with the radio and wiring one less thing to toss).

The idea of a radio delete deluxe interior with wood grain runs contrary to logic. Just my opinion.

Larger Dave

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Not that I am a big fan of it but John Hoopers "1969 Camaro Reference Book" has a couple of photos of a 69 woodgrain radio b/o plate; page 328.

Plus I have seen a half-dozen or so in the last 32 years but that desn't seem to matter.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
William...
I do believe what you say. All we are saying is that its a wierd option is all. :) Woodgrain is meant to be class and to have a woodgrain radio delete option is well...odd. I know there are those who don't like radio. I guess with the right money you could get and not get anything you wanted :)

Kev

1 - 17 of 17 Posts