Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just come in to post pictures of my install becasue i just tinkered and fiddled till it all went back as i think it should. i had no left over parts so at least thats promising.

have a look everyone and tell me if you can spot anything that looks wrong cause to be honest im not sure.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Re: did i put my brake components together correctly?

It looks like good to go!!! just don't forget to put the drum on :)

·
Premium Member
732 Posts

Looks good but on the off chance we both are wrong you drive yours first and report back!:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Make sure the adjuster wheel rotates in the correct direction when the arm pushes on it to expand the shoes,if my memory is right I think one is LH thread and one is RH thread.I'm old so the memory might not be correct.

·
Registered
776 Posts

Looks good but on the off chance we both are wrong you drive yours first and report back!:)
yours its NOT rite!! you have both long shoes on the same side. you need to have a long and a short lining on both sides, the front shoe should be shorter then the rear. if you leave them the way they are your left wheel will be locking up

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'll add mine just for reference.
your blue spring should be on the out side of the anchor pin!!

and you should (ALL) file the edge of the linings on a 45 angle so the shoes dont grab
at the edges.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
[you should (ALL) file the edge of the linings on a 45 angle so the shoes dont grab]
Outside circular edge?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Thank you very much! I will check them out. They all looked to be the same size as i did check them prior to the install but at my age the eyes tend to be a little fuzzy! :) These are raybestos brand.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thank you very much! I will check them out. They all looked to be the same size as i did check them prior to the install but at my age the eyes tend to be a little fuzzy! :)
some offshore company's do have all 4 the same but I wouldn't put them on my car !!!! if you buy brakes for you car spend the extra $$$ there. I know Bandex and Raybestos have them one long one short.
Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts