Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been stripping the body of my camaro down to bare metal and lemme tell ya! there are so many flaws that a thick paint job can hide! on the back window filler pannel (pannel between glass and trunk) i found 8 holes all spaced out thr same all in a row. I didnt think anything of it, just figured what the hell nothin a little led wont fix, so I moved on to the roof. When I stripped a small section down to metal I found what looked like vinal top glue still on the roof. What ever was left on it would not sand off so i got an abrasive rust stripping disk and I started gringing most of it off. Under that seems to be very very very minor pitting from moisture getting on the so called glue. So I figured the holes and the junk on the roof was from a vinyl top. How should I prep the roof for primer? I got most of the rust/glue off but it leaves low spots where the glue/rust is still hiding in. The roof feels very smooth and nice like nothing is even on it. Its hard to talk about I will see about posting some pics. thanks guys

Justin

·
Registered
257 Posts
what are the body codes? you can go to camaros.org and figure it all out or give it to us and we'll do it for you.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Check the Trim Plate under the hood next to the master cylinder. Look to the immediate left of the letters PNT. The first code you come to will be the upper body color code. If it is a 2 digit number, it was painted, if you have a letter (B,C,E,F,or S), then it was a vinyl top, if there is nothing to the immediate left of PNT, then it was a special order paint.

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process.
PS/PB, Factory AC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts