Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume they're interchangeable, but can anyone tell me any differences between the 68 seats and the 69? Apparently headrests were easier to come by in 69, but that's about all I've been able to find looking through the old posts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
In 68 headrests were an option and few were ordered.

In 69 federal law required headrests but a customer could delete them if they weren't wanted.

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
I presume they're interchangeable, but can anyone tell me any differences between the 68 seats and the 69? Apparently headrests were easier to come by in 69, but that's about all I've been able to find looking through the old posts.
I should have mentioned that the seats are otherwise identical. Seat covers from a 68 can be installed on a 69 and vice-versa.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
In 69 federal law required headrests but a customer could delete them if they weren't wanted.
That deletion was only until January 1, 1969 and as I have read on the CRG website, no headrest delete cars have been found.

·
Banned
3,193 Posts

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
Sorry about incomplete info.

The seat frames 67-69 are the same but the foam is different. Be sure to use the right foam or just have your upholsterer make the foam.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about incomplete info.

The seat frames 67-69 are the same but the foam is different. Be sure to use the right foam or just have your upholsterer make the foam.
Does different foam mean the seats end up having a slightly different shape? Nit-picky, I know, but just trying to get the interior looking bone stock.

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
Different year seats had differing patterns on the seats so I guess that's why the foam is different. I think some foam was reinforced.

I would use an experienced upholsterer that made his own padding. I think seats come out looking better that way.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Different year seats had differing patterns on the seats so I guess that's why the foam is different. I think some foam was reinforced.

I would use an experienced upholsterer that made his own padding. I think seats come out looking better that way.
Thanks, Beth, I appreciate all the input.

I actually just found a set of original 69s (headrests -- woo-hoo!!!), reupholstered, refinished rails, and the seller is even going to deliver, all for $500. From what I've seen out there, I feel like I did pretty well. Of course, I've yet to see them in person, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
Thanks, Beth, I appreciate all the input.

I actually just found a set of original 69s (headrests -- woo-hoo!!!), reupholstered, refinished rails, and the seller is even going to deliver, all for $500. From what I've seen out there, I feel like I did pretty well. Of course, I've yet to see them in person, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Wow, and you got the color you wanted ! What a great buy.

I doubt he would deliver them if they weren't what he claims. Congrats ! :hurray:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts