Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 automatic z28 camaro convertible with a stock rear end. I'm wanting to put a 3.73 rear end in it. What all do I have to do?

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's too new for me to tell you what you need . But we have a member here goes by BIG GEAR HEAD his name is Freddie . He is the man when it comes to rear ends knows em inside out . Why not give him a P/M I am sure he can help you out. For parts you can't beat TOMS DIFFERENTIALS great service quality parts and good pricing but I am sure Fred will tell you that also . Alex

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
If you have the 2.73 you'll need the gears, carrier, and install kit. If you have the 3.23 you won't need the carrier.....but if you have the 3.23 you probably wouldn't be wanting to install 3.73's. Install alone will run around $500 typically and if you'll have to get the PCM reprogrammed to correct the speedometer, don't know if they make tuners for OBD-I cars. May be better to check craigslist and the local junk yards. The V6 auto models with performance pack were available with a 3.42 and limited slip, six speeds came with 3.42 limited slip so you can sometimes find those. Also if you have traction control you have to look for a four channel rear (has a sensor on each side instead of just one sensor). I got a four channel 3.23 complete rear to replace my 2.73 for $150.

BTW, ls1tech.com is a much better website for fourth gen info.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If you have the 2.73 you'll need the gears, carrier, and install kit. If you have the 3.23 you won't need the carrier.....but if you have the 3.23 you probably wouldn't be wanting to install 3.73's. Install alone will run around $500 typically and if you'll have to get the PCM reprogrammed to correct the speedometer, don't know if they make tuners for OBD-I cars. May be better to check craigslist and the local junk yards. The V6 auto models with performance pack were available with a 3.42 and limited slip, six speeds came with 3.42 limited slip so you can sometimes find those. Also if you have traction control you have to look for a four channel rear (has a sensor on each side instead of just one sensor). I got a four channel 3.23 complete rear to replace my 2.73 for $150.

BTW, ls1tech.com is a much better website for fourth gen info.
good advice Steiner! X2
if it were me I'd search out a 99 and later 6 speed rear- torsen posi- better brakes and the 3.42 gears

1 - 5 of 5 Posts