Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I just purchased my 68 Camaro on Sunday. Now after looking over it for a Few days, I noticed the pass side tire seems to be closer to the wheel well(towards the front of the vehicle) pushed foward a bit. Is there a way to pull it back a bit. If so how. Do I need new leaf springs. Isn't there suppose to b a center eye for the leafs to sit on the track bars.

·
19,740 Posts
Could be as easy as you just need new spring pads (they locate the rear to the spring). If they're worn or loose, the rear can/will move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm thinking, a broken pin(eye) I had it on the lift last night and on the track bar there's a hole and if u look between the leaf spring n control arm there's nothing in between. Both parts are smooth. Ill just go ahead n pull the shackles loose n take a peek in there. I do hope is something simple or inexpensive. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found a pair of used leaf springs for $100 should I just grab them. I'm thinking the ones that are on there now are worn. And the potential cause of my offset In the differential. Is $100 good or should I just buy new I ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts