Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at going digital but was wondering about the manufacturers. There is Dakota Digital, Nordskog, & Cyberdyne. Does anyone have any experiance with these?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I bought Dakota Digital gauges for my car over 10 years ago and have been very happy with the purchase. I also got done wiring one in a customer’s 56 Chevrolet and it had a shift indicator module that learned the shifter positions and it too works perfectly.
I know that they have increased their gauge offerings to where you can monitor just about anything today (amp gauge, exhaust temp sensors, and more).
The wiring was pretty straight forward with all of the wiring from the car like the turn signal wires, hi beam wire, oil pressure wire, water temp wire, etc going to a box that was mounted behind the dash and then a flat ribbon cable that comes out of it to connect to the indash display.
One thing you will also have to do is replace the sending units on the car with the ones they include with the kits.
I also like mine in that I could adjust the speedometer reading to where it is within 1% accurate. I did however modify where their speedometer sensor mounts. They had it on a short cable adaptor for right off of the transmission but I modified the sensor to go onto the end of my factory cable behind the dash.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
32,521 Posts
Look into the Nordskog line. They have a digital speedo with everything including turn signals and it requires no speedo cable.

Shows speed via GPS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts