Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this question gets asked a million times but I have tried several different companies, (Year One, Ricks, Metro) and every weatherstrip seams to stiff that when the trunk lid shuts level it pulls the spot welds on the original deck lid and makes dimples on three of the spot welds on the trunk lid just in front of the spoiler were the inner panel is spot welded to the outer panel. The trunk lid does not close very hard, no slamming but there is slight pressure. I even tried the hollow weatherstrip from Metro and trimming the weathersrtip down with no luck. I have been working on this one problem for about three months.
Any other solutions after purchasing four weatherstrips?:angry:
Will any other weatherstrip work other than one for a 68 Camaro?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have no idea how a camaro deck lid looks like from the inside but it sounds like the NVH foam is sucking or pushing the outter sheetmetal from the inner frame.
NVH foam is a cushion that is used inbetween two layers of metal that is found in hoods and deck lids. Over time that foam degrades and can cause problems.
If you can see the foam inbetween the inner frame and skin cut it loose and close the lid. Does the problem go away?

3M, duramix, fusor, sem etc all make a NVH foam, do NOT use an expanding foam from home depot. With the old foam out apply some new foam in its place and close the lid and allow the foam to harden.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts