Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I have a 69 Camaro. Five or so years ago, I bought and installed new front, rear and dash wiring harnesses. Everything was fine since. 2 or 3 weeks ago, I had five people in the car and the directionals did not work. The dash turn signal indicator light came on but did not flash. This was the case on both the left and right sides. I parked the car and kind of forgot about it. (Lousy New England weather = I dont drive it all that often.) The next time I drove the car, solo, the flashers worked just fine. ...... Then I filled the gas tank and suddenly, the turn signals did not work again. ..... I looked at all the wiring. No obvious pinching or ground problems. The bulbs all work. Interior lights, dash lights, radio, heater fan, headlights, brake lights, parking lights and four way flashers still work fine. Just no turn signals. I disconnected the gas tank wire and the rear license plate wire just in case there is a pinched wire under the car. [I thought that maybe the extra weight in the car is causing a wire to get pinched.] No change in the problem. I've done no recent work on the car. The car has not been wet in months, so water is not an issue. ....... Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
You have two flasher in that system one for the four ways and one for the turn signals...also make sure you dont have a loose connection somewhere..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow up to this thread. I purchased and installed a new flasher. Problem resolved. Thank you guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts