Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ALOT of questions ALL the time. Can any one here be a help? All Chevy parts. I won't go any further untill some one responds. THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome ! What kind of help do you need? If I can help you I will but your demand is very vague to say the least . I am quite sure there are many others here that will help you . What is your question or problem? Alex

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Well you're gonna need tires. And a Camaro. And Gas. Probably some safety equipment as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well all right ! Good sense of humor and real people. Very high temp/overheating. 350 small block (Canadian ) 30over. New radiator , new hoses, water pump is working, no t stat. Restrictor plate had 5/8hole. Changed to 1"hole. Still hot! Timing is good, new 18" METAL fan, installed the right direction!!! Hoses have springs in em , this is a new blockonly 3 races on it and hot every time, the old block never ran hot. Hot being 220 got . Hope this info helps. Hope y'all can !!!! Thanks. 81. C A M A R O . Frame and back half. 1974 Canadian block. :beers:

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
what compression are you running?
back in the day I ran dirt with a 327 .060 over with 12:5:1 pistons and the heads cut .025
I always ran hot. 230-235. I used a 4 core Chrysler radiator with a 7 blade fan and tried every trick in the book until I went to race fuel. then I lost 20* of heat

·
19,897 Posts
How about a fan shroud....Does it have one ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No it does not . But the other block that was just in it didn't have one either and it did fine. I am currently workin on a shroud as we speek. I will see if it helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The other two motors ran fine with out one. It does have a restrict or plate in it with a 1"hole... Others at track don't use t stats .... But I can try it .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is a Canadian block that much different than others? It came out of a running truck that never ran hot. It was magnafluxed ,and machined from a well known shop, I am currently changeing things to welcome this NEW block . :(. €£#%**..~<

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro!

Did you change anything else? Larger tube headers = leaner mixture. Compression ratio? Combustion chamber shape/size/volume? Carb changes (mixture)? Timing?

·
19,897 Posts
Thinner cylinder walls, more compression, aluminum heads....all can/will add to the coolant temperatures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update = fixed crushed pipe,4" to 1" ouch! Installed a shroud, and tipped car back and burped her . Temp is NOWW 205-210. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
what compression are you running?
back in the day I ran dirt with a 327 .060 over with 12:5:1 pistons and the heads cut .025
I always ran hot. 230-235. I used a 4 core Chrysler radiator with a 7 blade fan and tried every trick in the book until I went to race fuel. then I lost 20* of heat
What intake manifold?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts