Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about disconnecting the linkage that opens the secondaries on my edelbrock carb to see if it would improve the instant WOT response, does anyone know if this might cause other problems, or would it just act as a two barrel carb.

Also, if anyone knows how to adjust the secondaries on an edelbrock, please let me know!!

Thanks..

·
Registered
503 Posts
I thought edelbrock carbs had vacuum secondaries?

------------------
70 camaro 307 (350soon) /350th

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't know exactly how it all works (which is half my problem) but I think you are right. BUT, there is also linkage that I believe opens the second inner part of the secondaries, does that make sense?

I don't know, I give up, I think I'll just leave it alone until I have the money to put in a new engine waaaaaaay down the road.

Sigh

·
Registered
650 Posts
I know I used to wire the mechanical secondaries shut on my q-jet when I went on long trips. It really slashed the power, but improved fuel economy by about 50%. If you can keep them shut on your edelbrock, you will likely see an increase in fuel efficiency, but an overall decrease in performance, so it all depends on what you want from the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts