Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am looking into doing a 4-wheel disc brake conversion on a '69 camaro. Can anybody recommend kits that they have used. I noticed the kits from Rick's use GM calipers and rotors. Also, does zinc plating really prevent corrision, or does it just wear off after time? Any good or bad comments welcome.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The zinc plating will keep the centers and hats looking good for a long time. It wipes off the rotor faces almost the first time you hit the brakes.

The vast majority of kits out there are based on some sort of factory systems adapted to fit our cars, the less expensive ones use 69 style single piston calipers in front and 7late 70's trans am or seville calipers in the back. More expensive ones use late model Aussie PBR 2 piston caliper hardware, call em LS1 / C4 / C5 brakes.

I went the oddball route and bought a wilwood system. This is a total aftermarket system, roughly based on the original vette / JL8 4 piston fixed caliper brakes. I like em. I especially like the drum e-brake in the rotor hats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts