Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled off a disc brake setup off of a 69 GTO. The only thing that was missing was the power booster. Is it possible to use a 75 Pontiac Grand Prix power booster on this setup (the reason I am asking is because I was given the booster and it looks practically new)? Is it advisable to get a remanufactured brake master cylinder? Or rebuild this one? The metering block is still attached to the master cylinder also, I am not sure it works though. The backing plater are rough and I want to purchase new ones. Do I need to specify 69 GTO when I order new backing plates or will the 68-69 camaro plates fit? I ordered all new ball joints and bushings for the front suspension. Will these fit the disc brakes spindles or will they only fit a 67 camaro? Sorry for all the question jammed in this post
Thanks for all the help!!

Kevin

67 Camaro rs
327?TH350/8.5" 10 bolt/3.73 posi

·
Registered
771 Posts
dont know about the booster or master cyl. i saw a site somewhere that has master/booster combos for $150.
i doubt a 75 booster will fit right.

spindles will fit. they are basically the same as drum except for a bolt hole height. you need to reuse your steering arms.

backing plates should be the same.

prop valve/ metering block : you need to use that one or get a new one. another option is to use your drum brake block and add a pinch valve to the rear.

do a search here on disc conversions. i'm sure there are plenty of references to sites where you can get all the info and parts you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts