Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to do a disc brake swap from a 76 Omega to a 67 Camaro? I know a 73-74 will work as well as certain years of other cars but this is all I can find at a good price. Having some parts machined to make it work would not be a problem. Thanks this forum rocks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I am 99% sure that 75-79 X-bodies are front steer, so I am thinking the steering arms off the 76 Omega won't work. I believe the spindles are different as well. I will do some checking and post back.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you really can't swing one of the conversion kits (right around $500), you'd probably be better off using your drum spindles (cutting the top boss down a little) and just buying the 69 style caliper brackets, reman 69 style single piston calipers, single piece rotors, and the "conversion" flex lines from some place like Right Stuff. With a reman master and booster, and a repro holdoff valve and master cylinder line kit, you might get closer to $300 for the deal.

http://www.pozziracing.com/brakes.htm#Converting_Drums_to_Discs

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was originally going to buy the Omega for the rearend and was hoping I could use brakes but it looks like i'll have to buy one of those conversion kits.thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Some where, i think on this site, is a list of donor cars for this swap.
I used 72 Chevele for my 67. That was 10 years ago and I guess these parts are getting more scarce in the bone yards.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts