Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running around in Tokyo traffic, which requires frequent lane changes to avoid parked cars and right turning cars, I've been wanting to install side mounted turn indicators. However, I didn't relish drilling holes into the fenders, plus my mechanic would disown me if I did so, or worse, asked him to do so. Falling back on my H-D experience, I got me some bright orange waterproof LED strips from Radiantz and had them mounted on the back side of the A pillar. Very well hidden. The lights are really bright, and all I can see from the driver's seat is a slight reflection (which becomes almost invisible under sodium vapor street lights) off the side of the door mirrors.

MUCH more comfortable in Tokyo traffic.

Oh, BTW, as I was driving through one of Tokyo's ritziest zipcodes after picking up the car, I had to make a quickie lane change to avoid a emergency roadside service tow truck. Turns out a Shelby GT500 was broken down! Poor guy, hope its not too expensive a fix, but then again if the guy drives a car like that, money should not be a problem.

But, I digress.

See anything unusual?

Now you do!

Gotta look close, but they're there.

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Hey bill can you post the details on your installation?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the smoked tube, 25 amber LED, 3 15/16" long setup from Radiantz:

http://www.radiantz.com/en/products#!/Z-Flex-Array/p/39306175/category=10292109

I though about getting this ultra flexible setup (designed to wrap around fork tubes) and mounting it to the side of my mirrors, but decided against it. Might be an option for others, though.
http://www.radiantz.com/en/products#!/Forkerz/p/39306387/category=10292109

I had my mechanic do the actual install, though. When I dropped in once, he was working on another vehicle, but he did have my car up on jackstands with the front wheels off. What he did was to take the power off the turn signals in the front lower valence panel, run the wiring up in-between the fenders, then up the back of A pillar. No holes in any exterior body panels! Not sure if he used black wiring just for that last portion or painted the red wiring black instead.

Here's the red wire coming off the stock turn signal and up into the channel between the fenders:

And here's the black wire coming out of the fender and up into the LED strip.

Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet,
Love this maneuver and it is very credible and actually a safety mechanism for the car.
Bravo or should I say Domo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts