Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what years did they become standard
equipment ,before being standard what packages did they come with or could you order them seprate?

thanks!

------------------
camaro's for ever!!! :D
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 posi
my camaros

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Not sure when disc brakes became standard...I know it was after First Gen. I assume you mean front disc. In all first gen, they were optional. In 69 they were separate from the SS package, but a required option with SS. I believe in 67 and 68 they were also separate, but not required. I've heard some say that they were required in 68, but I talked to a guy once who claimed to have bought a 68 SS with drum brakes.
Anyone know, for sure?

·
Registered
797 Posts
I believe front disc brakes became standard equipment on the Camaros in 1970. I have never heard of a 70 or newer Camaro having 4 wheel drum brakes.. I have been wrong before though..

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci./365HP, T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 whl disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, floor console w/gauge package, center mntd. clock, tachometer

·
Registered
503 Posts
Almost all GM cars and trucks switched to disk brakes by 71. Sports cars and some passenger cars where the first in 70 than the trucks and other vehicles in 71 except heavey duty trucks. Thats why most GM vehicles had body and chassis changes all around the same year.

------------------
70 camaro 307 (350soon) /350th

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.