Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks for having a cool site for us Camaro owners, I dig it..So here's to a valuable exchange of information.

I have a 1989 Camaro Rs with a 305/ Automatic
My problem is, the car starts and idles fine but when you try to drive it, it will stall out. and then you crank the ignition and it will start right back up, but as soon as the load is put on the engine in Drive it craps out...Can you help...OH GREAT...thanks in advance..radiodeejayboy

------------------
I love the way this car makes me feel when i drive it but when it breaks down it really erks me

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check the fuel pressure.Is this throttle body or tpi? Throttle body is around 9-13psi and tpi is around 36psi engine idling to roughly 44psi vacuum line pulled off fuel pressure regulater.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish it were TPI, However, I am glad to know what the problem is, I was beginning to think it was a mystery when my mechanic was shaking his head at me telling me it was my distributor..THANK YOU GUY! You all the the best..will letcha know what happens with the mechanic...I am a radio guy so you know that we dont work on our own cars..I wish I had the know how. I only put a starter and a radiator in a 86 IROC-Z...I am a loser I know
*bows head*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts