Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a distribution block in my box of parts. My car was a basket case when purchased. It is a 68 ss rs bb. The part number is 2225 with additional numbers of 7 81. I was told it was used on disk brakes or drums. My question is can i rebuild it and replace the switch. I have never taken one apart. I did check and air goes thru all ports. Is it correct for a year build 3 week in sept. 1967. Hope someone knows this part. Thanks

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Think that manufacturing date 7 81 is for first week of Aug of 1967 and if true sounds like right date for early manufacturing of the 68 model run.
The brake warning switch should still be available over the counter as they were common in most GM lines for many years. Should be an easy swap unless the current switch threads are fused due to rust. Post a photo if different switch then photo below. Should be single lead pole.

·
Premium Member
‘67 RS
579 Posts
They are easy to rebuild using the kit from Muscle Car Research. I just did mine.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the information, i will call muscle car for the parts. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts