Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original valve went bad I have an after market one in there now. It works but does anyone know were to get an original or refabricated? Classic Industries only sells it in a smog kit $800.00 dollars. Ouch! I did keep the original. 1969 camaro 302.

[This message has been edited by stretrdr (edited 12-18-2000).]

·
10,164 Posts
Take a good look at your old one.
Sometimes the smog pump spits a piece of carbon seal out and it goes into the valve jamming it.
Just a thought.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
45 Posts
stretrdr,

Bill Hodel out in Massilon, OH does a lot of work with A.I.R. systems and can most likely repair or replace your current diverter valve with the correct type (if yours is not repairable). He does excellent work and I use his services for every A.I.R. system that I've had to replace or restore.

He can also provide complete systems for those of you that have to go that route. You can reach him at (330) 832-0871.

Good luck!

Regards,

Stan Falenski

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Stan I will give Bill a call tomorrow. Onemorecamaro Have you got a phone number for Ricks? BTW were is Rohnert Park?

[This message has been edited by stretrdr (edited 12-19-2000).]

·
Registered
171 Posts
Stretrdr, Rohnert Park is 30 miles north of San Francisco. I,ve been to Garden Grove many times as my job's headquarters is in Los Alamitos.

John

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Is a diverter valve like a mufflerpipe and a conuuter valve?? Just what does it do??

My '67 wasn't blessed with that stuff on it so I have no idea.

The other stuff is a poor joke!! pdq67

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pdq67 I am not sure how it works but it is located just off the smog pump and if it is not working properly it can blow holes in the exhaust system because of the backfires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts