Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
I,ve been offered a 99 Z28 with auto for what i think is a good price. I dont known much about the 4th gens ,can anyone tell me what to look out for with the od transmissions and engine electrics as iam a bit lo tech.
I have a 350 69 and wouldnt mind a 4th gen as a daily driver so any advice on what to look for would be great.
thanks Pete

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Hi Pete,

If the car is all original, properly maintained and not beat on, you have nothing to worry about. The LS1 Camaros are extremely durable and provide a lot of value for the money. The only thing which glares out at me in terms of what to watch out for are those darn power window motors. They will eventually go on you anyways and are only 20 bucks to replace but are a hastle.

Just look out for the usual stuff like signs of heavy abuse or body damage. They can easily go 150,000 miles without burning excess oil or require any tranny work as long as you regularily change the fluids. Decent gas mileage as well (if you can resist the temptation of getting your foot into it)! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, i,ve also been told that they are good cars but the build quality can vary so ask lots of Qs and take a good look around.
thanks from pete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts