Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 convertible with orginal red int. It will have to be replaced soon. Any ideas on resto with new red interior? I really like the look of the red carpet, door panels, dash, console w/ white seats front and back. What would changing the interior from the orginal colors do to the value? Also, does anybody have an idea what this should cost, high end/low end? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
My opinion, I would keep it original color. But that's me...Look in any of the catalogs you can download Ricks or Classic industries and see exactly how much it will cost you in materials. You'll save some clams installing it yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DVINNY,

The white interior looks great. Where did you get the white int for a 68? I can't find anyone that offers white interior for a 68.

·
Registered
581 Posts
DVINNY,

The white interior looks great. Where did you get the white int for a 68? I can't find anyone that offers white interior for a 68.
PUI, special order. They will make it up for you. I ordered the '68 Standard interior using the '69 white material.

You'll find most on this site are all about being original, so it depends on your car and your tastes. My car doesn't have it's original motor, and has other things done to it, so I don't see why keeping an interior the original color makes one difference.
The way I see it, if I had owned this car in 1968, this is exactly how I would want to change it to look, so that's justification enough for me.
If I buy a new Camaro when they come out, I'll change it some too, personalize it. I won't leave it "stock"

·
Registered
48 Posts
DVINNY,
thanks for those pics. I have a red '68 vert and just ordered a white standard interior like yours, special order from PUI through Rick's. I was worrying that I might not have done the right thing, but after seeing the pics, I can't wait to put it in.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I would go white and be grateful I did when I'm sitting in the hot sun! Plus it just looks great. Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
581 Posts
It can sit in the sun for hours, and not be any hotter than the temp outside. It's amazing.

On the flip side, when I did the seats, I laid the covers outside in the sun to hopefully 'loosen' them up. It didn't work to well with the white.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts