Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am placing the engine back in the 68 and am having trouble with the power steering pump. I can get the pump in place but it leaves me no room to just or have access to the adjustment bolts The bracket seems to place the pump further out from the engine then other 327 that I have seen. The pump is tucked tied up under the alternator and I just can't adjust anything I will try to include a picture. I'm wondering if I have a big block bracket instead of a small block. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks David for the pictures and descriptions. According to the atriclle I have the newer style interlocking motor mounts so the traditional small block bracket that bolts to the motor mount will not work. So that explains why mine is different but I have not seen one like it before and it is impossible to adjust because the bolt is jammed up against the exhaust manifold. The lower cradle is definately longer and the upper adjustment bracket attaches to the exhaust manifold along with the altenator. If the altenator was on the passenger side then I would have acccess. Anyway, I may end up having to replace the motor mount with ones that dont have the extension sticking down. Then I could go with the standard brackets.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The power steering brackets you posted are not for Camaro. You need to get the correct brackets, also do you have headers or exhaust manifolds?

Your waterpump needs to be 1968 also.

·
10,144 Posts
The long water pump arrangement is much much better. The pulleys are deeper groove for better belt retention than low Perf short pump pulleys, & everything mounts inward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts