Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install speedometer cable in my 69 with a 200-4R transmission. I used the th400 crossmember and relocated the mount pad on the cross member as per several posts for mounting the 200-4R. However, when trying to install the speedometer cable it won't fit because the cable won't bend sharp enough to fit between the tranny and the tunnel. This is a small block car. I assume I have to dimple the tunnel. Is that correct and if so what's the best way to do it? Even on Jack Stands there's not much room to swing a hammer under there.
Thanks

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
Im not sure but if you need an extra hammer swinging hand let me know

Did you make the drags at all last weekend?
We were in Seattle at the west coast chevy show. check out the posts in the Events section, it was great meeting so many folks from in here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bring your hammer! Missed Nationals last week. I was in Cable Wisc. playing golf a Telemark. First 4 days were fun then I got bored. Camje across one of the nicest 70 Chevelle SS 454 I've ever seen though. It was sitting at the Marine dealer in Cable on Friday. Red, Black Stripes, 17 inch Cragars, perfect sheet metal, rear cadillac disc brakes, 454, after market rear control arms. It was damn near perfect and it's a driver. Gotta love that. The guy who owns it was at Nationals at BIR. He said it was tooooo hot, and the crowds weren't too bad. Anyway, how was the trip? Any breakdowns? Which shop in Brainerd did you say worked on your Camaro A/C. ?

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
I use Brainerd Nissan, the 2 mechanics there are super and love the older cars. Brad is great with old Carbs too, he loves the Qjets.
The trip was great, surf the history and photos I put together in Bench section, saves me typing. Im lazy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey paulm, glad you like your 2004r, can't wait to get mine running. Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain once in a while about the setup. Oh by the way, I took a hammer to the tunnel and made a nice little dimple to run the cable in. Doesn't seem like it will show from the interior and it will reduce the tension on the cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.