Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend about a service bulletin that he saw for '87 Camaros having a problem with coolant temp sensor going bad and causing a the wire(s) connected to it to fry. It so happens that my '87 Camaro spiting out a code 15 (coolant temp sensor). I replaced the sensor and nothing changed. I tested the two wires (410 and 452) and the negative wire which returns to the CPU is not connecting.

So, if I went to the dealership would they still honor the service bulletin from so long ago? I would just call and ask, but I am worried they would just laugh at me. Thanks guys.

------------------
Cable Bright
-'87 Camaro Z28
-'91 Caprice 9C1
-'70 El Camino 454 RAT

"....after all, people just want a normal life and a cool car....most people settle for the car."

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/10/871002GB.html

I just found this on the net. Would Chevrolet/GM (dealer) still honor these safety recalls? Its funny, my seat belt for the driver seat is broken too.

------------------
Cable Bright
-'87 Camaro Z28
-'91 Caprice 9C1
-'70 El Camino 454 RAT

"....after all, people just want a normal life and a cool car....most people settle for the car."

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a difference between recalls and service bulletins. Recalls are done free, no matter how old the car is. Service bulletins are to help techs fix the car once they find out what the problem is, if it's out of warranty you pay. Recalls and service bulletins are two completely different things.

If you think you have an open recall on your car, go to a dealer and have them run a check on the vin. Oh, if a recall has already been done once, it's closed and they won't do it again, for free anyway. Nothing lasts forever ya know.

[This message has been edited by msb (edited 03-02-2002).]

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Japanese manufacturers warranty seatbelts on their cars for 5 years or 100,000 km.

At least that's what Subaru does in Canada.

Paul

------------------
250 inline 6, 4 speed & disc brakes.
V8 camaros are like navels.... Everybody has one.
www.geocities.com/pdmcgurran/My_camaro_pics.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts