Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a certain car (a 1969 Mercury Murauder) that I was looking to buy from a certain seller. The person thats selling this car has it priced very, very low. She says that the only thing wrong with it is that there is a hole in the oil pan. When I asked her how this happened she says in her exact words:

The motor mount and bracket on the drivers side broke between my back yard and driveway, the engine dropped while parking it in my driveway. Judy
Tell me, should I believe her? :)

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Only if her name is Cha Cha Muldowney .. only woman I know with a heavy enough foot to get that done :D

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
well, motor mounts have been known to break before.
look at the overall condition of the car.
does it look neglected or abused? any tread left on the rear tires? rubber caking the quarter panels? does the frame look like it's been thru a few ditches or anything in it's day?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well, motor mounts have been known to break before.
look at the overall condition of the car.
does it look neglected or abused? any tread left on the rear tires? rubber caking the quarter panels? does the frame look like it's been thru a few ditches or anything in it's day?

Yep :D

Heres a photo of what a 69 Marauder looks like (hers is the exact same color too)

and amazingly, everything seems to work :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
there should be an oil slick (or the remnants of one)then from her back yard to the driveway no??

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
Are you dealing in person or is this an online deal? If it's online if it's toog good to be true it is just that...

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I hope you have a very large garage. I drove one like that that belonged to a buddy in high school. That thing would cruise all day at 100+MPH.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really want this car, but like DJD said (yes its an on-line deal), If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. It would be no problem for me to fly out to see it, then trailer it back if it were worth the effort, but after much thought, I decided it best to pass. :)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
That's not a car......that's a boat. ;)

Is that a driver's side antenna I see?

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
My advice to you is dont buy it unless you have inspected it in person.

I dont care if it is $500 or $50,000.

Pictures do not tell the whole story.

·
Registered
694 Posts
um i tought she said the ONLY thing that was wrong with it was the oil pan! but if the motor mounts broke then the motor mounts the oil pan and most likely something esle it broke too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts