Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am doing some research on turn signal switches for '67 and '68 GM cars with standard (non-tilt/tele) columns. There were two types used. Most cars used a switch made by Delco but some used one made by Boyne.

I have established that column-shift auto trans Pontiacs without tilt (all body lines, including Firebird) used the Boyne switch in '67 and '68. I'm curious what switch was used on column-shift auto trans Camaros without tilt. Some helpful parts book snippets from John Hinckley seem to imply that these Camaros were different from their Pontiac brethren and used the Delco switch rather than Boyne.

If you have a '67 or '68 Camaro with column shift auto trans (non-tilt), please check to see which switch you have and post here. It's really easy to tell: Look at the hazard flasher switch knob on the right side of the column. The Delco switch knob is located near the bottom of the trim "cup" and has a square hole. The Boyne switch knob is located in the center of the "cup" and has a round hole.

You can click this link to see a picture of both styles. Delco is on the left and Boyne is on the right.

Thanks!

--Kent

P.S. I would be interested in knowing about ANY Camaro that has the Boyne switch installed, regardless of what trans and shifter it has.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
'67 here.
I have Delco style according to your pics. (square)
Powerglide trans. Column shift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I think your responses pretty well confirm that the Camaro used the Delco switch and never the Boyne switch, whereas the Firebird used the Boyne in one case (column-shift AT).

I have updated the article on my web site:

http://www.corvairkid.com/67-9signal.htm

The article is primarily about converting from a Boyne to a Delco switch but I have added quite a bit of info about the diversity of parts and applications.

--Kent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts