Team Camaro Tech banner

Do you want all politics banned from this forum?

• Yes

Votes: 91 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 20.9%
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for the members to be heard.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Please vote!

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I stopped going to a cycling forum because it was getting way to political. A few posts in off topic I don't mind, I just don't look at them. As long as politics stays there and doesn't drift into other forums it doesn't bother me much, but I wouldn't mind if they were banned either.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
As long as the posts stay out of the actual Camaro categories, I don't see the harm.

Some places in the world don't have freedom of speech. I think we are all old enough to not click on something that might offend us or quit reading if it does. Circle back to the Camaro centric forums and get on with your enjoyment.

I would strongly object to having someone (ANYONE) decide what I can and cannot have the potential to view (especially if its political). It would be a really creepy and un-American concept to censure political speech. Let's keep the freedom and use our better judgement.

I believe we are meant to suffer our freedoms.

You can't have free speech without having the potential to hear something objectionable. If people weren't allowed to express themselves freely, then we would have a harder time figuring out who the loonies were. Its a protected right for a reason.

If free speech bothers you, then maybe you've come to the wrong conclusion or country.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
For me, freedom is the right to vote, so I'm happy to accept the outcome of whatever the members decide.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I think it may be safer to ban off-topic threads. Topics that include Covid, school opening, immigration, etc turn political almost immediately. Once you start banning certain topics the bias of the banners comes out pretty quick.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ban that crap. There are so so many other places to go for "free speech" about divisive issues. This is one of the few places where we don't have to care about who you voted for etc. Just help each other and enjoy the thing we have in common instead of debating the things we don't.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Can’t you ‘unsubscribe’ to Off-Topic? I don’t see any of it.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can’t you ‘unsubscribe’ to Off-Topic? I don’t see any of it.
Do you click on “new“ when you visit this forum?

Don

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Here’s what is see, only the first few.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here’s what is see, only the first few.
View attachment 272734
You Da Man. I spent a lot of time trying to opt out of the OT. Aside from that it would be better if you had to opt in, rather than opt out.

Detailed instructions on how to opt out of OT should be a sticky in the OT forum imho.

Don

·
14,718 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there is a OPT Out option available with the new platform. Guess the idea is if you don't want to see it then don't click

·
Registered
352 Posts
I served across the pond for "Democracy". In a Democracy, all people have a right to free speech and but also an individuals privacy. I would hope they base their comments on facts and not just "Don't Like XXXXXXsY" and all out lies.

This is a classic auto forum and has an Off Topic category for those wanting to spread political opinions whether fact or fiction and other types of discussions. Those comments should remain in the Off Topic or other designated section so that those that wish not to be annoyed by those opinions don't have to sift thru them.

I would vote to allow political statements and advertisements in a designated section, but not in any other section. Social media ends being social when political opinions over shadow our love for cars. I get very angry about the corruption in ILL but I am sure no one wants to hear me rant and others really don't care as long as it doesn't happen to them.

Do you call that YES (in the designated section) or NO (not mixed with car stuff).

Ron

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,684 Posts
You Da Man. I spent a lot of time trying to opt out of the OT. Aside from that it would be better if you had to opt in, rather than opt out.

Detailed instructions on how to opt out of OT should be a sticky in the OT forum imho.

Don
It's cuz of yur paid membership. You get access to "Premium Forums" and us non-paid don't. :rolleyes:

Seems like it'd be easy enough for the site owners to add an option for the paid folks to shut OT off if desired.

That said, I have 3 Geico ads on this page alone and the right side has few more ads as well. Doesn't bother me much though, gettin use to it...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Couple of questions to the Moderators.
Do the Moderators have the authority or can they rid the politics topics from the forums if the majority rules in that favor?
Who appoints the Moderators? or are they nominated?
How long does a Moderators tenure last?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts