Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder?

The sleeve for my ignition cylinder lock has been damaged so badly that it has to be replaced. I went on ebay and found several ignition cylinders with key, but no one had the sleeve that the cylinder fits into.

Anyone here know a good place to look for one? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Re: Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder?

I'm guessing that you're driving a 67 or 68?? The "sleeve" that the cylinder fits into is the ignition switch. You can get them from any resto parts place. At Rick's 1st Gen, for instance, the 67 and 68 switches are P/N's S-7 and S-8 respectiveley. You can also still buy these from Standard Motor Products, a line sold by many 'jobber' type parts stores, and the 67 and 68 P/N's are US-43 and US-54 respectively.

If you have a 69, then you are looking for the steering column 'cuff' or 'shift bowl'. That's gonna be considerably more expensive and harder to find. These used to be available as a repair part straight from GM since they always got smashed during attempted thefts! (I used to be able to call my local dealer and ask for a "Roxbury tune-up kit" in the Boston area and he'd know just what to send me!)

Good Luck,

Paul D.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder?

Mines is a 68. You wouldnt by chance have the phone numbers to any of these guys would
you? If so, if you could PM me with it, that would really help me out a lot.

·
Retired
26,697 Posts

Try www.google.com and search on "ricks 1st gen" the number is on their web page... I don't know for sure but I don't think Standard retails it's parts....

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

Standard Motor Products (SMP) definitely retails their stuff. If you've ever bought "good" tune up or electrical parts or a carb kit from someone other than GM, you've probably seen their stuff. You will be amazed by what's in their catalog!! Hit this link to find a parts retailer in your local area:

http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/spc/spc.asp

Hit this link and enter US-54 as the part number for a picture of what you need:

http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/catalog/smp_bgbulk.aspx

You will probably need to special order the part since it doesn't fit anything made since 1969!! I just ordered a couple of tail light sockets for a '68 RS conversion from my local jobber. The P/N was still good and they'll be here Tuesday! :)

Paul D.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks guys :cool:

·
Retired
26,697 Posts

What I mean Paul D. is Standard doesn't sell it direct to the public. They don't have a Standard store you can go to. They wholesale it to parts stores and the customer gets it from the parts store who retails the part....

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

Yup, your right Dennis, you have to find a retailer that carries the SMP line!!

Paul D.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is a photo of the cylinder lock I need the sleeve for

·
Registered
26 Posts

I've gotten them from Auto zone. Around 12 bucks. It takes a day or so. I've got another new on if you need it fast. FRANK

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks! Please e-mail me and let me know how much you want to sell the sleeve for :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts