Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a little more room in the car and don't want that big steering wheel , I am looking for a nice 13 inch wheel , Anyone know who sells smaller nice wheels

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Don't know how big they are in inches, but I found that Vega and Monza type cars had steering wheels were smaller than Camaro and Chevelle steering wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Alot of aftermarket companies make smaller steering wheels. I have a smaller one on my car and chose to go with a Momo steering wheel, but also check out Grant.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I just went from the standard 16" 69 Camaro wheel to a used oem 15" cushion grip wheel and also added the seat extenders to the drivers seat. The extenders lets the seat go back about 2 extra inches. I'm like 6'2" 220 and the combination of the two really gave me ALOT of extra room. Now I can get in and out without having to contort my legs. I should have done this years ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-69-GM-F-Body-68-71-Nova-Bucket-Seat-Extenders-Driver-Or-Passenger-Side/330719179127?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS clone, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor, trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
141 Posts
Don't know how big they are in inches, but I found that Vega and Monza type cars had steering wheels were smaller than Camaro and Chevelle steering wheels.
I put a Vega wheel on my 70 C 10. That made for a whole new driving experience. It was night and day difference.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
876 Posts
I had the stock wheel Way too big and too skinny, tried 13" and 13.500" neither worked, felt like a Go-Kart wheel. Settled on a MOMO D36 which is about 14", absolutely perfect... for me. There's tons of nice aftermarket wheels out there, you have to decide whether you want to keep an original look (thin) or go for something with a heftier grip. Mine's leather (not pleather) and I like the minimal tacky feel.-Mike

Finished-DashConsole-Sz-00.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts