Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I having been watching and learning on this topic and this is my conclusion with a couple of questions. My suspension is all new, poly graphite bushings, coils and leafs are new. Sits about one inch higher than stock in the front and about two in the rear. I am sure the 235/60/15s will fit on the front, but what rim size would be best? 15X7's or 15X8's?
I plan on using 255/60/15's on 15X8s on the rear. Should I stay with the 4.5"
backspacing for both?
Also what is the consensus here? White letters, in or out?
The 14 inch slotted mags and the 10+ year old Eagle ST's have to go.

------------------
Tim
67 ss/rs, Stock? Not!!
Visit my page!!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
A 235/7" and 255/8" is a nice combination. You can see my 225/7" 255/8" setup on my website. 4 1/2" backspace on both.

No rubbing problems at all on the front.

The 255 may have some rubbing on the outer wheelwell lip with a 4 1/2" backspace. Nothing major that couldn't be fixed with a little lip rolling. I also have a 5" backspace that I hope will fully cure the problem. Watch out for shock mounts and plates when going this large on the offset.

There are some here that run 275 on the rear. It's got to be a tight fit if the tire ever goes fully into the wheelwell. Also, going up driveways sideways could be a challenge.

I like the black out but it's a personal choice.

------------------
Click here to see see my car and hear 5-speeds. http://www.geocities.com/casanoc

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I think the 235/60/15 front, 255/60/15 rear combo looks the best also, that's what I run on my 69', although I was able to use 15x7's all around. New suspension, no hints of rubbing. White letters out, definitely, unless they say FIRESTONE
KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts