Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a 67 convertible recently.Its a 327 with a powerglide original drivetrain,12 bolt rear,140k miles.Deluxe interior in very nice shape,could use door panels.Column shift,manual top.Needs quarters,outer wheelhouses,maybe trunk dropoffs.trunk pan has been repaired but i would replace it.Floors seem solid,rear frame rails are good.Would need door skins because theres been obvious work done there.Needs a right fender.Top is in good condition.As far as trim the chrome on the top of thw winsheid is rusted bad,the rest looks decent.The inner rockers looked solid.The front mount for the leaf spring was said to be repaired before.I guess it was rusted and a new peice was welded in.The area where the lower fenders bolt to looked to have some rot.The car runs and drives.I'm a body man so i could do all the work myself.Asking price is $6000.Does this sound like a deal?

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
Not bad at all chris.. I looked at a 67 convertible last week, 327 2 barrel, powerglide on the column, manual top, dirty but straight. Some trunk rust starting, frame surface rust, front suspension has lots of rust, but workable. Lady first wanted $10,000 for it that a friend of mine told me, I went to look and now she wants $15,000. She's nuts but Id rip the my shirt pocket getting a pen to write a check for $6,000 for a conv.
good luck, get pics for us

click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i thought chop,its a V8 but not much else going fot it.What would the going price be in restored condition?12-14k?I figure at least 1000-1500 for sheetmetal(not including my free labor)By the time i go through the engine,suspension,interior plus any unknowns i could have in to it what i could have bought a finshed one for.But then i have the peace of mind knowing what and how it was done.I don't know,i think im going to pass unless i can get the price down.Rule #1 in restoration is start with the best car you can find.I don't think this is it.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I don't think a 12 bolt behind a 327 with PG trans is "original drivetrain." It still sounds like a decent deal though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Although I think 6K is a little high I've never seen a convert go for less. I'm sure it has I just ahvn't seen it. If you really want a convert you might not be able to find another one for a less price. You probably may be able to find one which requires less work for around 10K though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts