Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Dog Dish Hubcaps that came on the copo's require any special rim ? I am wanting to put these on my 1969 SS but don't want be in a big search for rims, I heard any steel rim will work with tabs, doe's anyone have the scoop on this?.................thanks in advance...Alan

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
The same cap was used on many Chevy rims from 68-71.
The correct SS or 427 COPO 1969 XT code 14x7 rim is hard to find but other 14x7 rims will work and I think they repro those rims now also

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, that is what I'm looking for. My 1969 SS is paint code 72 also, do you have any side shots? Thanks again.......Alan

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I am assuming the dog dishes will fit 14'' or 15'' correct? What size tires are you running front and rear ? Thanks again.............Alan

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I remember when I thought the Poverty Caps looked.......well, poor. Now I think they look awsome. I can also remember when I thought a 3 speed was bad, adn only a 4 speed would do. Now I think a car that came with a 3 speed is pretty cool. (floor shift, only...I haven't warmed up to column shift 3 speed, yet, although a column shift auto-especially on a COPO is pretty cool)

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My last 69 Camaro had a column shift Glide w/307............when I sold it ,she had a ZZ3 350 hp. /worked Glide....I never liked the column shift but the more shows I went to back then the less I saw of them and started to like them....personal thing I guess......back in high school everyone tore off the caps to put on the Crager SS ,now we're going back....is'nt life funny, who knows flares and bell-bottoms are probably just around the corner,then platform shoes.........GOD I hope not..............:sad:

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, that looks clean with Redlines..........Do you have a side shot of the car with them ??

Thanks so much guys........Alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.