Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am 95% finished with my new dash harness, but somehow I am missing the wire/s for my dome light. Where do they come down from the roof??? Also, on the dash harness, on the passenger side, there are two orange wires, about the same guage and length, exiting the harness at the same location. One is for the lighter, what is the other one for??? It has a male spade connector on it with a split down the middle of the spade.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I think that other wire is for air conditioning. I have it on my 68. It was just taped to the harness. Has a hard plastic transparent cover over it.

The interior lights are connected by the rear light harness. An orange and a white wire should split off near the left rear passenger seat and go up into the head liner from there. You might be able to peak at it from the trunk area. On the same harness near the drivers kick panel you should find the white wire that connects to the door jamb switches. One white wire runs under the dash the entire width of the vehicle to the passenger's door switch. At least that is how the 68 is wired up.

·
Registered
768 Posts
the second orange wire is for the glove box light. you will need the black plastic housing, chrome ferrule(sp), spring, and button to finish it off. U27 A1 page 420 in the assembly manual.

both the lighter and glove box light exit the factory harness at the same place. the split connector is correct for the glovebox light.

dome light harness hooks to the intermediate harness running down the sill towards the rear sail panel.

a/c harness is a seperate harness. one underdash harness wire needs to be reworked for a/c vs. non a/c......any underdash harness can be converted to a/c. U16 A1 page 413 in the assembly manual.

all page numbers referenced to 69 assembly manual.

·
Registered
768 Posts
you have mail.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!!!
As usual, I can always count on the info that I need. Thanks alot. I don't have to worry about the A/C info as this is a non-A/C car.
Thanks again.
Mike

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dome light harness is a separate harness that runs from the light along the roof support towards the drivers side, near where the seat belt bolts in. At this point the harness should have two or three push connectors that will push into holes on the roof side panel. From there the harness goes between the outer and inner roof sail panel towards the trunk and connects to the tail lamp harness in the trunk behind the back seat.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I got it all figured out. Thanks once again, I will post some pics in a few weeks. I'm almost done, can't wait to drive my '69 again!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts