Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden my light quit working. I replaced bulb and still nothing. Is there a fuse for it?

The wire connections are really rusty but it was working. Can dome harness be changed without dropping headliner? I know nothing about it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
All of a sudden my light quit working. I replaced bulb and still nothing. Is there a fuse for it?

The wire connections are really rusty but it was working. Can dome harness be changed without dropping headliner? I know nothing about it.
Tony...the orange wire from the fuse panel that feeds power to the dome light also feeds the glove box light, cigarette lighter, and courtesy lights. Check to see if those functions are working. If not, check for a burned out fuse. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts

Take the dome light lens off and see if you have voltage to the bulb. On the dome circuit the ground is switched and there is voltage to the bulb all the time.

There is a connector on the left side under the package tray in the trunk. If you don't have voltage at the dome fixture check the trunk connection. You can also check the wiring harness under the headliner from the trunk connection.

Roger

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh! I was trying to shove my backseat bottom in while standing over the hump. The back of my neck hit the dome light so i figured I damaged the bulb. Now...I'm wondering if I unplugged a wire? Where is the wire connected going to the trunk? Is it the harness that runs down the driver's side under that metal shield?

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts
Ooh! I was trying to shove my backseat bottom in while standing over the hump. The back of my neck hit the dome light so i figured I damaged the bulb. Now...I'm wondering if I unplugged a wire? Where is the wire connected going to the trunk? Is it the harness that runs down the driver's side under that metal shield?
Yes the dome light wiring is part of the harness going to the rear on the left side of the car. Like I said the dome light connector takes off of that harness in back of the rear seat.

I hope your car is like mine which is a 67. I have never worked on 68 & 69 dome light but I believe they are the same.

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts