Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the door glass studs that have the rubber "bumper" on them. Both of my originals have a 1/4" thick bumper on them. I bought another pass. side window and it has 3/8" thick bumpers. I looked in Ricks and it shows that I need one of each thickness for each window.

My extra window glass with the thick bumpers is a May 68 window. My originals are a Feb. 69 and a PPG replacement. Which bumpers are correct for a 69?
Thanks, Greg

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I just pulled the glass out of my 69 and don't recall any rubber bumpers. Do you have a pic? Is this the lower limit your talking about.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I don't have pictures. At Ricks they are part numbers WR-84 and WR-85. They aren't the limit stops, they are two of the seven studs that hold the glass to the window roller plates. They are rubber coated on the side that would be towards the outside of the door. I have my doors completely disassembled so I can't tell what they bump against.
Greg

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
If it's what I'm thinking of, they're dome shaped plastic about 1" diameter, and rub against a metal plate with a velvet-like material glued to it. The velvet is usually worn all the way through. I replaced mine with some velvet upholstery material I got from a local material store. I think it's to help position the window and keep it from rattling when in the up position.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I just looked at Rick's catalog. That's what I was thinking of. I'm virtually positive mine is black, and I can only remember a front one. I'll try to remember to check the extra glass I have in the basement. I'm pretty sure I did not remove them. I'm also pretty sure the windows had never been out. They still have the sand blast marks on them where the guy before me sandblasted the inside door frame without protecting the glass.

·
Registered
174 Posts
theres a black and a blue bumper on each window front and back you will need 2 blacks and 2 blues to do both windows if your gonna buy them but if you have 2 sets of windows just use the thicker set you should be fine .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts