Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I adjust the inner door glass wipers? With the glass installed there is no way I have found to get a wrench on the bolt and with glass out no idea of where to set the adjustment.
I thought about drilling the threads out of the brackets and uning a nut on the bottom side.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I was not clear on your question, in an earlier post, so I did not respond....aparantly, no one else did, either.
If you are talking about the approx. 2" wide guides on the inside top of the door, they can be easily accessed with the door panel off. Seems like it was a 1/4 20 bolt. The female threads are in the door. I had one that was stripped, so I used a nut on the underside. That made it more of a hassle to adjust, but still doable.

If these guides are not the pieces you are talking about, ask again, and we will try, again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was refering to a wiper that is about 2 in. long and mounts to the inside rear of the door.
Finally got it fixed yesterday. A friend came over and installed the bracket from the top. It should have been installed before the window, but since it came in the kit with all the other window fuzzies I never thought of installing until all glass was in and adjusted.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the slightly curved steel piece that is covered with a velvet type cloth? It aligns with a plastic half sphere on hte window and prevents rattling with the window up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I think it is the same piece. It is kind of L-shaped, covered with fabric and rubs the inside of the glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts