Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new door handles from GM.They are suppose to be GM parts from what I was told but,the handle feels thin where you wrap your hand around.I have seen several different sets on ebay that say GM some thin like the ones I have and some thicker that look to be the same that are on the car.The parts man said the thin ones are listed as GM replacements.Anyone else ran in to this?How do I get the thicker ones?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Yep, I was just at Rick's on Tuesday. The GM replacements are "very" thin, "very" unacceptable! Guy showed me Trim Parts repop. It looked excellent, much better than the no-name repops I bought at a car show. i bought the Trim parts ones. I gave up on finding an excellent set on ebay.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Trim Parts look very nice but don't expect them to last on a daily driver. A couple years of every day weather and they won't look so hot. Show only

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I have two used handles. One I got with my unrestored car, the other I was told was off a Camaro. My original is about 1/8" thinner than the one I bought. Otherwize they look identical, including the angle they will sit once installed. The one I bought must be from another car, but I have no clue what. Actually, I like the "incorrect" one better.

The Trim Parts one is the same thickness as my original.

·
Registered
259 Posts
460 I had the same problem last year with the new handles I ordered from GM. the handles were thin like the repop Handles that everybody else has and then when I took one of the handles out of the box the chrome was coming off the handle.take my advice and keep your old handles and send them in to get rechromed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
While the Trim Parts handles look correct, they will not last on a car that sees outside weather at all. I put Trim Parts handles on my car, and they were pitted within 3 or 4 months. They now look horrible....much worse than the originals looked!!! Beware of crappy chrome on these pieces.

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]

-1967 Camaro SS350 clone

My 1967 Camaro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts