Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
The person refered to named Willie that rebuilds door hinges,is this the same guy that rebuilds hood hinges?

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
The person refered to named Willie that rebuilds door hinges,is this the same guy that rebuilds hood hinges?
Same person. Just sent him a set for a 40 Woody. Lost track of how many he has done for me. Were your repro hinges supplied with nylon bushings? A customer supplied me with those. I threw them in the garbage.
Hinges will not solve your issue if bad bodywork is the issue.

·
Registered
1969 Camaro Convertible
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was wrong. My x brace was installed on the car. There is about 1/8 of an inch movement of door gap at the top rear edge between loaded suspension and unloaded. I'm guessing that is pretty normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I also really appreciate the illustrations and photos. Unfortunately I don't know the history of this car. Anything is possible, but if the quarter panel was replaced it must have happened a very long time ago because everything behind the panel and in the wheel well and trunk looks old. However, the door almost seems too long for the opening. If I were able to get the gaps right there would be no room for the weatherstripping at the cowl area. I'm so frustrated. Below is a photo of the door gap when I bought the car. At that time the door panel hit the windlace every time the door was closed.
I stayed up late last night trying to get a slightly wider gap at the top and no matter what I do I can't make it happen. The door refuses to go forward the way I want it to. I had to remove the stainless A pillar trim because the fender was hitting it.

View attachment 277173

View attachment 277174
What kind of tape is this you are using to protect your paint ??? If I should decide to make any adjustments to my pannels I was going to use painters tape then put duct tape over that ???

·
Registered
1969 Camaro Convertible
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nothing special, just blue painters tape from the hardware store.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts