Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
The passenger side has/should have a one prong and the driver's side a two prong. The wiring system is grounded thru these terminations. The wire should come from the passenger side over to the drivers side where the passenger side plugs into the dual lug one. Then the lug goes to the lamp circuit to ground it when open thru these two points. This methodology parallels the ground circuit.

If you hook all these single poled/lugged switches together in parallel somewhere else this works too.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
the second connection on the drivers side switch is for the key buzzer, on 68 & 69 only. 67 did not have the buzzer. The key buzzer part of the switch is totally separate and isolated from the courtesy light circuit. The white wire is the courtesy lights.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
I would have to agree with Steve on this one. The pass side is the single prong and the drivers side has 2 prongs, 1 for the wire coming back from the pass side and 1 to connect to the lamp. Are you sure it has something to do with the key buzzer?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
absolutely, just did mine, replaced the coutesy light harness (which connects to the dash harness above the drivers side kick panel and does not actually involve the drivers side switch) I've also been tinkering with the key buzzer cause it doesn't seem to care if the key is in, if the door's open, it buzzes.

The second pin on the drivers side switch (the one that doesn't have the white wire) is only for the buzzer and has nothing to do with the courtesy lights. This is personal observation, backed up by the wiring diagram as well as past posts on this site.

(where's markc to back me on this?)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Jim's right on this. I remembered that I did not put the buzzers back in my 69 (on purpose), so I used the driver's side two terminal to parallel the courtesy lamp ground.

The stock diagram will show the dual terminal hooking to the courtesy lamp and the other is for the ignition key reminder system that goes to the connector.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Depends on whos wiring system you are using and what provision there is for grounding the lamp circuit? The GV Centech wiring system that I put in did not have a provision for the ground to connect under the dash or at least wasn't designed that way, so I used the twin posts on the passenger side to parallel the courtesy lamp ground signal circuit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts