Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my latest challenge...

I took off my exterior door handles so I can prep the doors for paint. It looks like someone tried to pry them off without removing the screws from the inside of the doors. The holes are a little out of whack. So are the lock cylinder holes. While we are at it, the trunk lock hole looks like it was pried too.

Is there a tool or a way to get these holes back to their original shape? The sheetmetal is in otheriwse good condition, so I would hate to replace the pieces just because someone got a little carried away with a screwdriver.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
you should be able to "adjust" it easily with a hammer and dolly. Plenty of room to get back there and still be able to swing the hammer in front.

You can get a cheapy hammer and dolly kit at nearly anyplace with an automotive aisle.

fyi, a "dolly" is a shaped piece of metal that you hold on the backside to give something to hit against, kinda like a portable anvil. You don't want to just beat on unsupported sheetmetal, it could go anywhere.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try my hammer and dolly set. First I will need to take it out of the package :)
I knew I had bought it for a reason.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts