Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. was hoping someone could help me out. i am putting my doors back on a 69 convertible and i have about a 1" gap between the door and the rear quarter panel. i am stumped as to how the door goes back on and lines up right. anyone know the dimensions of the door opening or where i could find the dimensions. both doors are doing this. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
An inch top to bottom? Or at the top only? Is the front end on? How far in does the door striker go to the latch?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the gap is top and bottom. the front end is off, even subframe. the striker just barely reaches the door.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> This adjustments are better performed with the door lock striker removed to allow free door movement and to let it hang freely in the hinges.
<LI>Adjustments provided at the body hinge pillars = up & down and fore & aft
<LI>Adjustments provided at the door hinge pillars = in & out.
[/list]

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Is the 1" gap on the outside or at the door jamb? Are all the hinge bolts at the front door jamb loose?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You didn't by any chance install new quarter panels while doors were off did you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no still has original quarters. and the gap is on the inside and outside. all bolts are loose enough to move it around. anyone know where i could get dimensions of the door openings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts