Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on putting my interior together, and I just discovered that the interior door panels I ordered from D&R are not complete. They are missing the hard part "frame" at the top. I can't find this part in any of the catalogs? Does someone know what these parts are called and where do you get them?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
They are not being repoped. The fully assembled ones have a plastic top, and the originals are sheetmetal. The top fits over the top pinchweld area of the door. I have heard lots of complaints about the plastic ones coming loose. I'd stick with steel ones. If your original ones are long gone, contact one of the resto houses that also deal with used parts. (D&R, Ricks both do) I was missing one door piece, which I bought from Jimmy's Bowtie Supply. Paid $20.
If your panels are MIA, you will need the chrome accent piece, too. You'll also need to get new fuzzies that are stapled in.

You might be better off finding a donor set. There's a set of blue door and rear panels on ebay right now. Or maybe someone on the sit has an extra set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts