Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting interior in a '69 with standard interior. Ran into a problem. I think that the upholstery shop may have screwed up my rear panels. Is'nt the door panel material glued to the door jamb from the factory, and then the windlace goes over top? Would anyone have a good picture so I can see how the windlace attaches? Does it go underneath the rear panel window felt?
Does anyone have a good picture of the rear panel near the wheel well? Something doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know where I might find a good picture of a door jam wind lace on a '69 where it attaches near the quarter window? Still struggling with this. Help!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
Kevin is correct, there was extra vinyl on the front side (towards the door) of the panel and it wrapped around the pinchweld and was glued, then the windlace was pressed on over this to keep it and place and finish off the pinchweld area.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, thanks for the replies!
Does this installation of the windlace look correct to you guys? The windlace is actually under the top of the rear panel?

·
Registered
312 Posts
As much as you hate to hear it, I would say that the windlace is on correct, but the vinyl should have been wrapped around the door opening prior to the windlace going on..

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
That is not correct. There should be excess material on the door panel that would wrap around the pinch weld (under the windlace)then the windlace is applied over that.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I agree... there is extra vinyl that instead of being glued to the back of the panel just sticks out and the windlace goes over it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The picture wasn't my car. It was the only picture I could find surfing on the net as I was looking for a reference. I finally realized what my problem was. The roof rail strip that holds the headliner to the roof rail was sticking down too far. It wouldn't allow the rear panel to slide back into position. I did however, pick up on the fact that the excess material is to be wrapped around the pinchweld area under the windlace. Turned out great!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Originally posted by SKIPS69:
Is'nt the door panel material glued to the door jamb from the factory, and then the windlace goes over top?
At least that was the method for 1967's.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Why don't you post a pic since you've gotten it right for future reference.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hmmmm, I took that extra bit the sticks out the front and just wrapped it and glued it to the back, then installed it in the car. If I did it the other way, the top piece would be that way, but the lower part with the arm rest would look different. I think it turned out just fine. The only thing I could not decide was to paint the windlace interior color or not. Black looks just fine.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I've never seen flat topped windlace's.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts