Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I Recieved My Door panels from NPD yesterday and the clip holes were not aligned right, they were all about 1 1/2 off on all of the holes.... i tried flipping them all around but that was not the problem. has anyone else hasd this problem before with NPD? Thanx!!!!!!!!!

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
What year? I've only done 69's and the first time I couldn't get the clips to fit in the holes until I figured out the panel was not seated properly at the window edge. When I got them to seat where they should a little adjusting of the clips was all that was needed...

NPD like most of the classic parts vendors are the middle man. Talk to them about the fit and if they have had other complaints. They may have another source to draw from to get you going...

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I had the same problem with mine only they were from a different supplier. I just trimmed the openings to allow me to move the clips to the correct spots. The door panels were also thicker which caused some issues with the power door switches and emblems.

------------------
-Randy
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

[This message has been edited by rs1968ss (edited 10-09-2001).]

G

·
Sorry we don't allow vendor bashing!! The fact that a door panal doesn't fit is more a manufacturing issue than a retail issue. The right advice has been given. That was to make the retailer aware and see what they are willing to do!

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
This thread is a testament to the fact that we as consumers are partly at fault for the poor quality or fit of aftermarket products... We accept them and make them work!! Until we refuse to buy inferior items they won't change the way they are made!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered new seat covers for my 68 from NPD. They shipped me 3 bottoms and 1 back. They had no problems making things right and I've been more than pleased everytime I call the Florida shop.

------------------
'68 Camaro Coupe
350, PG trans

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered some panels from another vendor and had the same problems. The screw holes for the arm rest and the window crank hole were not where they should be. The fastener would not line up either so I decided to use velcro instead. They are much easier to take off when i need to and keeps the panel board in much better shape. I order some arm rest pads, they are OER but they are a little short on the bases. Anyone know where I can get better ones?

Daytona Yellow 69 RS, 350/TH350 Black interior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts