Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Good eye, yes, it's in just slightly at top. Afraid to mess with it and screw up what I've gained. Another day.
Pretty low risk. It will probably move out a skooch just loosening the door bolts on the top hinge and pushing it out slightly.

Don

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Received my Metro door seals and ready to install, Question, with old seals off do I install new door seals before adjusting door or after? I understand taking off striker but not sure on sequence for seal install.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
I would adjust before the seals. Normally only the striker needs to be slightly adjusted after seals are installed. YMMV…. 🙂

Don

Reactions: GCS

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Turned out way better than it was. Adjusted door out at top in at bottom, just a scooch. Installed new seal and here is where I'm at. Could go in a little more at bottom. I may go tinker a little more, Push striker in a little and adjust top out some more but break time now. Pushing door in more at bottom causes door to fender to mess up, it's flush now.
Automotive parking light Car Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Window Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Issues with new seals on door, Rolling up window wants to drag them up. Seem kind of clingy. Anything to put on them? Wax, armorall, rain X ?

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Issues with new seals on door, Rolling up window wants to drag them up. Seem kind of clingy. Anything to put on them? Wax, armorall, rain X ?
I recall that I have had to trim them a little to stop that. You could also try a little Vaseline. I have some Honda weatherstrip lube that I use.

Don

Reactions: GCS

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I recall that I have had to trim them a little to stop that. You could also try a little Vaseline. I have some Honda weatherstrip lube that I use.

Don
Little modification and small amount of lube plus small extra screw for hold down and they work like a champ! Appreciate the help.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts