Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I need some suggestions on why my doors on my 69 camaro won`t shut when I put my rear door jam windlace on.I just got it back last week from the body shop.I told him I would put the interior back together myself.everthing is back in but the doors won`t shut properly.
any help please.THANK`S

69Z28 4spd (clone)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I had the same issue. It helps if you have softer weatherstrip. I think softseal is pretty hard. I have Metro and it seems a little softer. Still nowhere near as soft as original but better. My car just came back from the body shop as well. The passenger door is fine but the drivers door was a little tight once the windlace was installed. Give it about a month or so and it will improve quite a bit. A few days in the hot sun with the doors shut helps too. I almost don't need to slam it now.

-Mark.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Same problem... I actually had to "beat" the metal bead gently with a rubber hammer to move it back slightly, then reinstall the windlace to get the doors to even remotely close.... it is true that it gets better, but SLAMMING the doors for months waiting for this is disconcerting and probably not too good for you doors LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts