Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be in the market for a 383. It will be used for weekend cruising and occasional strip use. I have looked at many crate engines online and have read most of the posts on here, and I have visited some local engine builders, but I have not seen any comments or posts about Doug Herbert assembled engines. Anybody have experience with one, or does anybody have good or bad things to say about them(quality, price, cam size, etc...)?

Would the engine linked below be a good package for my intended use in a '67 with turbo 400, 3400 stall, 12 bolt posi?

http://www.dougherbert.com/383chevysbstrokerhighoutput-p-25857.html?cPath=614_615_748

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I did business with his father (Chet) for many years in Anaheim :thumbsup:
He was a fantastic racer and a real stand-up guy in the speed shop business - that type of person was hard to find sometimes in the 70's speed shops ...
I also met his son, Doug, there and spoke with him often over the 70~80's years.
He was building some of the best performance engines available in the area and we had some good discusions.
Don't still know him, but I can't imagine he has changed so much that he doesn't still build a great unit and stand behind them.
Try posting on a few other sites like H.A.M.B. and Hot Rodder's Bulletin Board and see if someone has some newer feed-back on their engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts